We will use this for gym updates and changes due to the Covid 19 Virus.
As you know, the world is being overwhelmed by the coronavirus, COVID-19.
While the hype is certainly real, the severity of this outbreak cannot be ignored.
Our #1 priority is your health. We are taking extra precautions at the gym to help keep you and your loved ones safe.
You must wash your hands upon entering and leaving the gym.
We are stocking up on extra wipes. Our culture is already very good about cleaning our equipment and we want to encourage you to continue to do so. If you want to be extra safe, wipe before as well.
We are adding to our routine cleaning schedule to include additional bathroom and main floor cleaning.
Our coaches will be helping make sure everything is wiped down, wiping down doors and other high traffic areas as well. Feel free to jump in and help them out!
If you are feeling unwell, or have any symptoms of illness, we advise you to stay home. The same goes for the kiddos.
Let’s continue to be diligent in our cleanliness not only for ourselves but for our entire gym family.
Check the NHS for the latest information.
Access and use of CrossFit Emergence
Some key information for when you visit CFE
- We will aim to keep our doors open as much as possible (weather dependant).
- Try and arrive prompt for your class. We have adjusted the timetable to allow for the changeover of classes and to give athletes time to disperse.
- If you arrive and find you have to wait inside then please do so bearing in mind that others will be passing by and therefore the use of a face covering is advised due to potential close proximity.
- DO NOT attend the facility if you believe that you or anyone you have recently been in contact with has had symptoms that can be linked with COVID-19. Please see the relevant health organisation and government advice on this.
Use of the facility and timetable:
- We will not require athletes to wear a face covering whilst using the facility as we have temporarily reduced class sizes slightly to allow us to see how our social distancing measures will work within the facility.
- We will not be catering for a full timetable to begin with as we intend on ensuring safe and practical operations before going full steam ahead.
- Drop-in access for both CrossFit classes and Open gym have been suspended for the time being. Therefore all sessions whether as a member or not must be purchased and booked in advance. This will allow us to manage access and egress easier.
- Times, class sizes and frequency for our services will evolve as we go.
- We have hand sanitisers installed for your use.
- Activity areas will be marked out as best we can and the sharing of equipment will be limited as much as possible.
- Please wash your hands thoroughly or make use of our hand sanitising units before the session, after coming into contact with door handles, use of the toilets etc. and before you leave.
Showers, changing areas, toilets and belongings:
- We will not be able to provide changing or shower facilities at this time unfortunately.
- However to limit the inconvenience of having belongings on the floor our changing rooms will be made available only to leave your kit in.
- Toilets will be available for use.
More information will be posted on our social media as things progress. Alternatively please email us directly if you have any questions or concerns.
Please reach out with any questions, comments, concerns or ideas.